s

Wendy Stauffer

Dusty Rose and UV Flash Boulder Opal with Pink Sapphire Fringe. Size 6 1/2.

$775.00

Dusty Rose and UV Flash Boulder Opal with Pink Sapphire Fringe. Size 6 1/2.

$775.00

This boulder opal has a dusty rose to lavender body color with matrix material visible at it's base creating a unique landscape effect. As the ring is rotated ultraviolet flash shimmers on the upper layers. (Video to come) I've wrapped it in 22k gold and set it on a base of 22k gold and silver bimetal*. Pink sapphires on 14k gold headpins adorn the lower edge. Simple silver band measures size 6 1/2.

*Bimetal features a layer of high-karat 22-karat yellow gold pressure-bonded to a layer of bright ArgentiumĀ® Silver. The gold constitutes a full 10% of the overall weight and the Argentium constitutes the remaining 90%. The front of the piece shows the gold layer and the back is silver. This is a cost-efficient way to achieve the warm look of gold jewelry.

Ā