Another one of my gemstone blooms--this time in glorious labradorite. These polished labradorites have flash on flash of green, blue and gold--amazing. All wire and chain is gold fill. Chain adjusts from 16 to 18 inches.
Montana moss agate, lavender quartz, boulder opal, spotted druzy and aquamarine are arranged in a gentle arc, set in 22k gold on a base of oxidized sterling silver. A lush fringe of tourmalines on 18k gold headpins drapes the top edges of the stones. The chain is painstakingly handmade--I call it my "sprout chain" in oxidized sterling. The handmade clasp adjusts from 16 1/2 to 18 1/2 inches.
These earrings feature dramatic faceted aquamarines. I've set them in 22k gold atop a baseplate of 22k gold/silver bimetal*. At the top of the aquamarines 18k gold stems wrap across the stone with swiss blue topaz and green sapphire flowers woven to them and contrasting silver sprouts extending to the sides. The earwires are 18k gold with silver sprout accents. These earrinngs measure 1 3/8 inches wide, dangling 2 1/8 inches long.
*Bimetal features a layer of high-karat 22-karat yellow gold pressure-bonded to a layer of bright Argentium® Silver. The gold constitutes a full 10% of the overall weight and the Argentium constitutes the remaining 90%. The front of the piece shows the gold layer and the back is silver. This is a cost-efficient way to achieve the warm look of gold jewelry.
Argentium sterling silver is sawed, textured and hammered to form lightly domed pebble shapes. Dots of 18k gold and 14k gold tube set gemstones add lively contrast. The stones include a 4mm amethyst, a 3mm fire citrine and a 3mm rhodolite garnet. The silver is oxidized to a gunmetal gray and given a soft sheen. The pebbles suspend lightly from 14k gold earwires. They measure 1 1/3 by 1 3/4 inches.
These earrings are made to order--please allow 5 business days for me to create them for you before shipping.